“Behind the scenes of every web page is a silent digital war. If your business isn’t fighting, battle by battle, you are going to lose”Brian K, Cybertech Marketing
Chances are you have seen this happening and might not have even realized what is going on. Have you ever noticed a newer generation of businesses that are overthrowing long standing businesses that have been well established and successful for many years leaving them wondering why?
The answer is pretty simple. We are living in the age of information and digital technology. These are the days we have fast access to all information at the click of our fingertips. Ask yourself, “When is the last time I needed to know something and ‘Googled’ it in order to find an immediate answer?”
If people are looking for a specific product or service, they ultimately want the convenience of having the solution instantaneously. If that answer isn’t you then it will be someone else who is.
Let me take you behind the scenes to the battle front:
Competition Analysis – Where it all begins …
We all know that a structure without a solid foundation isn’t solid at all and can collapse at any given moment. At Cybertech Marketing we never begin a project without strenuous research and solid foundation building as this is the backbone of your business and marketing structure. This begins with very specifically defining your business, niche, and goals. This provides an exact market placement in order to being us to the next key element, competition analysis.
Competition analysis is the art of knowing your direct competitors better than they know them selves. This includes things such as top products and services, marketing strategies, and business systems. There are many ways to know your competition and get a good grasp on their tactics. Some simple and free ways include:
- Visit them – Physically visit or call them. Inquire about their products and services, pricing, and scrutinize their customer service. This can be done by you or sending in a friend or family member as a “mystery shopper” to get the low down and know the inside scoop.
- Read Reviews – Spend sufficient time online reading over your competitors reviews. This provides you with invaluable information on what their clients LOVE or STRONGLY DISLIKE. By knowing this information you can easily adapt it to your business and instead of reinventing the wheel, you are already one giant step ahead of the game.
- Visit their Web Site / Social Media – Find out what you like and what you dislike about their online presence. Is it straight forward and easy to find the information you are looking for? Is it clear and concise exactly what it is they do? or are they providing confusing and mixed messages? Read their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. to see what they are posting about and what people are interacting with. Again, this can already show you what is and what is not working for them so you can improve on it and step up your tactics.
These simple and free methods of competition analysis will set you already miles ahead in your warfare strategy. The next few methods are a bit more sophisticated but can provide a intricately in-depth view of exactly what you need to do in order to completely crush your competition.
Cybertech Marketing uses advanced techniques in order to see very complex information. We use technology and software to analyze their online presence and Search Engine Optimization in order to discover convoluted information such as:
- Domain Authority – This is a precise prediction that can tell you exactly where their site will show up in search engines and how.
- Keywords – Know exactly what keywords your competition is ranking for in search engines and what position they will rank for each one. Also we can see that keywords are being paid to rank for with sources such as Google AdWords. We are able to see the paid and organic difficulty for certain keywords in order to start forming your content strategy.
- Outbound and Backlinks – Search engines base some of your website credibility on link. This includes natural outbound links from your page to other credible sources, and inbound links from other web pages back to yours known as backlinks. By knowing your competitions link strategy you are then able to get ideas where your links need to be placed and where your website needs to be submitted to generate same and better back links to secure an advantage.
These key elements of competition analysis are going to prepare your business to have a distinct advantage on the front lines of the digital war. With this information you will be able to position yourself in the market, create a solid foundation, and prepare for battle!
STAY TUNED for Part II as we begin to use this information to create your battle strategy, research your keywords, design your website, and implement groundbreaking Search Engine Optimization in order to crush your competition and leave them in your dust ….